We Fund Collaborative R&D Projects
INOVAIT provides Canada’s image-guided therapy (IGT) industry and academic institutions with targeted non-dilutive funding for commercialization-focused R&D projects involving the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into IGT technologies. We will reimburse up to one-third of eligible supported project costs for projects selected through our application process.
Our Pilot Fund provides up to $125,000 in contributions for pilot projects lasting 9 to 15 months.
Our Focus Fund provides up to $2 million in contributions for three-year projects that have excellent technical and clinical merit as well as the highest probability of commercialization success.
Our most recent Pilot Fund application period was closed on December 20, 2022. We are not currently accepting any funding applications.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive announcements on the launch of a future calls for applications.
INOVAIT is proud to be funded by the Government of Canada’s Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF). The SIF’s objective is to spur innovation for a better Canada by providing funding for large projects, ultimately:
- Strengthening research and development collaborations between Canadian companies and world-class academic research laboratories
- Integrating artificial intelligence advances into image-guided therapy devices
- Accelerating the technology transfer and commercialization of intellectual property
- Securing investment to support the growth and expansion of Canada’s small and medium-sized enterprises
- Building a truly integrated and world-leading image-guided therapy ecosystem in Canada
- Achieving positive change in patient outcomes and driving down the public costs of healthcare
This funding opportunity is administered by the Sunnybrook Research Institute with funding from the Government of Canada.