We Fund Collaborative R&D Projects
INOVAIT provides Canada’s image-guided therapy (IGT) industry and academic institutions with targeted non-dilutive funding for commercialization-focused R&D projects involving the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into IGT technologies. We will reimburse up to one-third of eligible supported project costs for projects selected through our application process.
Our Pilot Fund provides up to $125,000 in contributions for pilot projects lasting 9 to 12 months.
Our Focus Fund provides up to $2 million in contributions for three-year projects that have excellent technical and clinical merit as well as the highest probability of commercialization success.
Currently, we are not accepting any new applications. Sign up for our mailing list to receive announcements on the launch of a new call for applications to our Pilot Fund in fall 2022.
Strategic Innovation Fund
INOVAIT is proud to be funded by the Government of Canada’s Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF). The SIF’s objective is to spur innovation for a better Canada by providing funding for large projects, ultimately:
- Encouraging research and development
- Accelerating the technology transfer and commercialization of innovative products, services, and processes
- Facilitating the growth and expansion of Canada’s small and medium-sized enterprises
- Securing economically significant mandates within or to Canada
- Advancing industrial research and technology demonstration activities through collaboration
- Creating high-impact collaborations to support Canadian innovation ecosystems through large-scale initiatives
This funding opportunity is administered by the Sunnybrook Research Institute with funding from the Government of Canada.
Interested in applying for funding? Make sure to review these fund facts first.
Open to Canadian corporations, academic institutions, research hospitals, and not-for-profit organizations.
Each project requires two or more Canadian partners and must actively involve at least one Canadian small and medium-sized enterprise (SME).
For approved projects, up to one-third of project-related eligible expenses (i.e., $1 for every $3) will be reimbursed, up to a maximum of $125,000.
Funding will support industrial research, including activities related to the discovery of new knowledge that aim to support the development of new technology-driven products or services and large-scale technology demonstration